Welcome Center Information Specialist – Part-time, Weekday Position Available
The Madison-Morgan County Convention and Visitors Bureau is looking for a friendly, reliable individual to join our team and help promote our community to visitors at the Welcome Center. This part time position reports to the CVB Director and is responsible as the first point of contact for visitors and residents. As such, this employee must exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor at all times and must remain current on all attractions and events as well as be able to share historic information of interest to our visitors.
Responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to:
- Stand and greet everyone who comes through the door in a courteous and professional manner;
- Act as primary phone responder and to answer general questions in a courteous and professional manner;
- Maintain public areas including restrooms in a clean, orderly fashion and respond to emergency malfunctions as needed. Adhere to the daily Welcome Center checklist of office tasks.
- Maintain information resources daily (brochures, maps et al) in an orderly fashion and restock shelves as necessary. Maintain brochure inventory and ordering to ensure supplies do not run out;
- Respond to requests for information and fulfill advertising leads as needed. Process all outgoing mail;
- Check email and respond accordingly;
- Assist with event or business additions/updates on website, and;
- Other related duties as assigned by the CVB Director.
Compensation: Up to $10.50 per hour, approx 8-12 hours/week
As an organization that is solely funded by city and county h/m tax, this employee must exhibit a high level of professionalism and maintain a courteous demeanor at all times. This position reports to the Executive Director. To apply, please send resume and email explaining why you’re interested in the position t0: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern, Content Specialist
The Content Specialist Internship will advance Madison-Morgan County’s brand image, reputation and destination presence by providing support in the areas of marketing, social media and media relations. This position requires at least 1-day per week in office, with opportunity to work remotely otherwise.
Responsibilities to include:
- Coordinating and implementing a monthly plan of work for the CVB’s blog program including brainstorming strategies, topics and content aimed at increasing Madison-Morgan County’s brand image and destination presence
- Overseeing the maintenance and updates for attraction, lodging and event listings on websites, ie. Visit Madison, Explore Georgia, Georgia’s Lake Country
- Assisting in the development of content for social platforms, including Facebook and Instagram
- Working in partnership with the Director to assist in the creation of text for marketing collateral development, i.e., brochures, advertisements, and website; other Marketing or Communications tasks as needed.
- Assisting in greeting visitors in a friendly and attentive manner, when needed.
Skill & abilities:
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written
- Listens well for clarification
- Able to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks
Hours/Compensation: 200 hours per semester, $500 stipend available upon completion.
Submit resume, cover letter of interest, and portfolio of any written work to email@example.com
. No phone calls, please.