For health and safety tips for travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit https://visitmadisonga.com/covid-19/.
“Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” – Howard Zinn
If you look up Madison, Georgia on Tripadvisor.com, there is a reason the Madison – Morgan County Welcome Center is ranked as our number one attraction! Our welcoming and knowledgeable staff is invaluable to our center and our community. In making the decision to reopen, we considered the health and safety of both our staff and visitors as our number one priority. Having meticulously followed CDC, WHO, and Georgia Department of Health guidelines, we created and implemented a new plan and procedures to protect our employees as well as our visitors in this new reality. In an effort to go above and beyond, we have also committed to the Georgia Safety Promise to help keep you safe on your next getaway. We are happy to announce that we are again open and welcoming visitors 7 days a week. We are excited to see visitors, once again, strolling the streets of Madison and hope our new policies will help keep you healthy while you’re here. Below are some of the changes you may notice on your next visit.
Welcome Center COVID-19 Safety Policies and Procedures
- Built in 1887, our historical building makes up in character what it lacks in space! Given our small center, we are currently limiting visitors to 2 at a time. If 2 visitors are already inside when you arrive, please relax for a few minutes in our rocking chairs outside and take in the vibrant downtown Madison square.
- Once inside, you may first notice the floor markings designed as guides to help enforce social distancing. Please stay at least six feet from other guests and our Welcome Center staff.
- While masks are not required of our visitors, we ask that if you have them with you, please wear them. Our staff will be wearing masks to protect you, and we hope you’ll provide them with the same courtesy. If you do not have a mask, we are providing them free to our guests while supplies last. Please ask our staff for your free mask.
- Our public restrooms are open. If the stalls are full, please do not wait inside the restrooms. Let’s give our other guests privacy and space. And by all means, like your Mama taught you, please wash your hands!
- We know we have a lot of great material in our center. Please take as many brochures or magazines as you would like; it’s all free! But please take what you touch to limit the spread of germs.
- And lastly, if you are not feeling well or if someone in your household is sick, please stay at home! Come back and visit when everyone is feeling all better.
Thanks to the hard work of our medical professionals, we believe that staying socially distant, wearing masks, and washing hands will significantly slow, if not stop, the spread of COVID-19. For more information, visit the CDC’s comprehensive guide to understanding how to protect yourself from COVID-19.
For more information about attractions and businesses open for visitors to enjoy now, check out our Business & Events Updates Page. If you prefer to explore outside, download our self-guided walking tour app at the Apple App Store or Google Play to learn more about our historic sites, private gardens, and stories from Madisonians past. For outdoor enthusiasts, check out our Back to Nature guide and our picks of Madison’s Best Picnic Spots. However you unwind, we look forward to greeting you on your next visit to Madison and Morgan County!