Event and Attraction Updates
Madison is open for business and the majority of retailers and restaurants have again returned to their normal operating hours. Still many events continue to be canceled or rescheduled do to COVID-19 safety protocols. Below is a list of attraction, event & festival updates in Madison and Morgan County. This list will be updated on an ongoing basis. As information changes regularly, please bear with us as we discover and publish new information. View COVID-19 Travel Resources page here.
- The Aquatic Center Open Monday & Wednesday from 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Tuesday & Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Friday from 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Sundays are closed.
- Farmview Market Dine-in service at the cafe is now available for breakfast Monday – Saturday 7 – 10:30 a.m. and lunch Monday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Carryout and curbside dining is also still available with options to call ahead at 844-210-7030 x2, come inside to place a to-go order, or order curbside Monday – Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hard Labor Creek State Park Historic site museums and trails/grounds are now open to the public. Some social distancing restrictions may still apply. State Park visitor centers are now open during regular operating hours Monday through Thursday. Rangers continue to staff the Visitor Centers and provide assistance over the phone and through web-based resources. For updates, visit the Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites alerts page.
- Heritage Hall Heritage Hall is open for tours following health guidelines, by appointment only. Tour times begin on the hour, every Tuesday – Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.To reserve a tour time, please call 706-342-9627 and leave your name, phone number, and the number of guests in your group. There is a limit of 6 guests per tour time. Tours are confirmed by receiving a call back from a staff member.
- Madison Artists Guild New Location: 125 W Jefferson Street, Madison GA 30650. Open Tuesday – Saturday 11 AM – 5 PM or Text (706) 474-4374 for a private appointment.
- The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center Open Tuesday – Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please read the new guidelines for visitors.
- Madison Welcome Center Open Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Sunday 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Morgan County African American Museum Open Thursdays and Fridays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Morgan County Parks & Recreation Services:
- Currently parks, trails and green spaces operated by MCPRS are open for your enjoyment and exercise. However, if you are using our fields and green spaces, we ask that you practice the 6’ social distancing guidelines. All facilities operated by MCPRS are unavailable for group rentals due to social distancing guidelines.
- All playgrounds operated by MCPRS will remain closed at this time. Tennis Courts on College Drive operated by MCPRS will re-open Monday, May 11th. We ask that all participants at this facility have singles matches only and observe the 6’ social distancing guidelines.
- Observatory at Hard Labor Creek State Park Closed to the public until further notice.
- Rogers House and Rose Cottage Tour times begin on the hour, Tuesday – Sunday, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To reserve a tour time, please call 706-342-9627 and leave your name, phone number, and the number of guests in your group. There is a limit of 6 guests per tour time. Tours are confirmed by receiving a call back from a staff member.
- Steffen Thomas Museum of Art The museum is accepting reservations for groups up to ten to visit Tuesday – Friday in the morning (11AM – 1 PM) or afternoon (2 – 4 PM). Saturday appointments available with advance registration. Regular admission fees will apply.
« Madison Welcome Center: Helping Visitors Travel Safe